Regular readers will know the importance that I attach to daily meditation, and its mental and physical benefits. It does not take hours, just 5-10 minutes daily is enough. I have meditated for over 35 years, and discovered HeartMath techniques about two years ago. I wish I had discovered them years ago, because it would have saved me a lot of time and effort.
According to the Institute of HeartMath their research explains how the physical and energetic heart plays an extraordinary role in our lives!
‘Our heart rhythms affect the brain’s ability to process information.
- The human heart’s magnetic field can be measured several feet away from the body.
- Negative emotions can create nervous system chaos, but positive emotions do the opposite.
- Positive emotions can increase the brain’s ability to make good decisions.
- You can boost your immune system by focusing on positive emotions.
- Positive emotions create physiological benefits in your body.’
The Institute have just published this fascinating colour poster, summarising the science and benefits of their techniques. It is well worth taking a look. Here is the link. Let me know how you get on.
Have a calm week, Steve