I have been invited to host a breakfast session in Westminster next month. My role is to speak about Barriers To Success, and then open up the group discussion. As usual the organiser asked me to submit a summary of my presentation in advance, which I did.
I was surprised when she replied, and asked if I could specifically mention success barriers. So I re-read my pitch, and sure enough I’d ignored these barriers, and devoted my efforts to developing effective success strategies.
This made me think a bit. I’ve spent so many years confronting barriers that my mind no longer recognises them, and jumps straight to solutions. So having to think about and identify common barriers to success was an illuminating exercise. These are the ones I came up with. I’d also welcome comments about the ones I’ve missed out. firstname.lastname@example.org
Do any of these apply to you? In your business, sport, relationships, or health? If so write to me. Life is too short to waste time going round in circles. Act now – email@example.com
- lack of confidence
- wrong objectives
- lack of clarity about your mission and vision
- lack of mindfulness, so not recognising opportunities
- poor judgement of others
- poor marketing with regard to niche and pitch
- poor communication skills
- wasting effort working too hard on the wrong things
- not using the power of past, present, and future effectively
- making things too complicated
- living life as if you are alive
- bad luck